Last Updated: June 27, 2016
THIS WARRANTY AND RETURNS DOCUMENT RELATES TO ANY PRODUCTS THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM GROBO PURSUANT TO THE GROBO TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE OFFERS TO PURCHASE (“PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS”), AND IS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE INTO THAT AGREEMENT. IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THE WARRANTY TERMS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND THE PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THIS DOCUMENT SHALL PREVAIL TO THE EXTENT OF THE CONFLICT.
ANY CAPITALIZED TERMS NOT DEFINED HEREIN SHALL HAVE THE MEANING SET FORTH IN THE PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Limited One-Year Warranty
Our Products are warrantied against manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the original date of delivery of the Product to you. Our sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or product with a comparable part or product; how we replace or repair the Product is at our sole discretion. Replaced or repaired Products will be warrantied for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days from the date of delivery of the replaced or repaired Product to you, whichever is longer. Please note that this warranty ONLY applies to orders placed on our website at www.grobo.io, and only to the original purchaser.
You must obtain a Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) number from us prior to returning any Products to us under this Warranty by contacting us at email@example.com. You agree to pack the Product that you are returning carefully and return it to us, freight prepaid, together with the RMA. The returned Product must be in the original package and free of any defect or damage caused by shipping. If we determine to repair or replace your Product under the Limited One-Year Warranty, we will pay the return costs for ground shipping. If we reasonably determine that the Product you returned is not defective or is subject to the exclusions set forth below, we will contact you and will arrange for reshipment to you at your cost, plus a handling fee equal to fifteen (15%) of the Product purchase price. If you decline to pre-pay such shipping and handling costs, we are under no obligation to return such non-defective Product to you.
You agree to fully read the instructions and guidance we provide and review the Product’s capabilities and constraints before using the Product. Notwithstanding the limited warranty above, you assume all liability and we have no obligation whatsoever to you or anyone else for any of the following:
- use of the Product for High-Risk Activities (defined below);
- use of the Product other than in accordance with our published specifications and/or Documentation;
- modifications, alterations, adjustments or repairs to the Product made by a third party other than us or a third party we authorize;
- failure by you or a third party to comply with environmental and storage requirements for the Product specified by us, including, without limitation, temperature or humidity ranges;
- damage from external causes such as dirt, sand, battery leakage, power surges, or improper usage of any electrical source;
- use of the Product in combination with any third-party devices or products that we have not provided or recommended to you;
- any damage to property or persons caused by your use of the Product that is not caused by material defect, including damages or injuries caused by your failure to understand the functionalities of the Product and use the Product in accordance with its specifications;
- leaving the Product in direct sunlight for long periods;
- attempting to power the Product with any charger or power source other than the one provided by Grobo;
- attempting to affix anything to the Product;
- failure to determine the suitability of the Product for your intended use;
- failing to make sure that any other person who uses the Product also complies with these terms and any other guidance we provide you, whether this guidance is included in writing with the Product or made available on our website;
- any continued use of the Product after you detect any material defect;
- failure to adhere to relevant laws and local government rules; and
- any other improper use of the Product.
All Products that are returned to us become our property. We’re not responsible for any content or information stored in any Product you return to us, whether under warranty or not.
You agree to read, and abide by any written instructions shipped with your Product and all safety precautions contained therein. If you do not understand any part of any of these instructions or the functionality of Product, you may view the FAQ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Product is not designed or intended for use in any application or hazardous environment that requires fail-safe performance, where the failure or inaccuracy of the Product might result in or cause death, personal injury, collision, or significant environmental damages (“High-Risk Activities”).
High-Risk Activities include without limitation operation in outdoor environments.
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY DOCUMENT, ALL OTHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR MERCHANTABILITY, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, ARE DISCLAIMED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM GROBO OR ELSEWHERE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST DATA OR REVENUE, OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ECONOMIC OR COMMERCIAL LOSS HOWEVER CAUSED REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT WE ARE LIABLE UNDER ANT CAUSE OF ACTION, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES ACTUALLY INCURRENED AND SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. The foregoing limitations will apply even if any warranty or remedy provided under this Agreement fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Sending Your Product Back to Us
You can only make returns as follows:
- Before requesting an RMA, please contact our Customer Support Team by clicking on the Contact Us link at grobo.io. We’re often able to solve the problem quickly via email.
- If we’re unable to solve your problem via email, request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number from email@example.com.
- If our Customer Support Team determines that your problem qualifies under Warranty coverage, you will be issued an RMA number.
- Package Products along with a copy of the RMA form.
- Write the RMA number on the outside of the box and send it to the appropriate address based on your specific location.